Places to Visit in Turkey
TURKEY is a vast peninsula, covering an area of 780,000 sq km and linking Asia to Europe through the Sea of Marmara and the Straits of Istanbul and Çanakkale. Occupying a highly strategic position on the world map, Turkey combines the wealth of the East and the West, offering a synthesis of the traditional and the modern, the old and the new.
Bordering the Black Sea, between Bulgaria and Georgia, Aegean Sea and the Mediterranean Sea, between Greece and Syria, Turkey sits beautifully on the world map. Other bordering countries are Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran and Iraq.
The 3% of Turkish territory north of the Straits lies in Europe renowned as the European Turkey, while the 97% of the country in Asia is referred to as Anatolia. Istanbul, which straddles the Bosporus, is the only metropolis in the world located on two continents. Turkey has an extremely rich cultural heritage. Perhaps no other land has witnessed such diverse civilisations over the last 11,500 years, as did Turkey.
After the great Mesopotamians, the Hittite and Urartian kingdoms flourished in Anatolia. The Ionian and Roman civilisations predominated the western Anatolia. Istanbul has the honour of having served as the capital of three successive empires – the Roman, the Byzantine, and the Ottoman. Anatolia itself became a crossroads of peoples, cultures and religions. Christianity, for example, thrived in these lands and Islam was glorified by the Seljuks and Ottomans.
For over a decade now, the flight connectivity between Turkey&India has been rapidly growing and improving. Turkish Airlines and Indigo have daily direct flights to Turkey.
Turkish Airlines: Turkish Airlines is the National Flag carrier airline of Turkey. With a young fleet of 361 Aircrafts operating to 319 cites covering 322 airports.
Turkish airlines flies to 127 countries making it the only airlines which flies to maximum countries than any other airline. In India, Turkish Airlines has daily departures from Delhi and Mumbai to its hub in Istanbul operating the latest state of the art aircraft offering inflight entertainment system, free Wi-Fi and meals on board.
Indigo Airlines: With its fleet of over 250 aircrafts, Indigo offers over 1500 daily flights and connects 63 domestic and 24 international destinations. IndiGo’s codeshare and mutual cooperation agreement with Turkish Airlines enable its customers to fly to 20 additional international destinations via Istanbul. IndiGo operates double daily service between Delhi and Istanbul.
Besides direct flights by Turkish Airlines and Indigo, there are other airlines that fly to Turkey from different cities of India via their own hubs.
Air Arabia, Emirates Airline, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Jazeera Airlines, Kuwait Airlines, Oman Airlines, Qatar Airlines, Saudia Airways, Uzbekistan Air
Turkey is considered as one of the most developed countries in Europe in terms of the connectivity and the volume of the aviation industry. In the past decade, the international air transportation sector expanded 5.6% worldwide, while Turkey achieved the growth of 14%. As the cradle of Western and Eastern cultures, Turkey is the hub for some of the world’s most important art and cultural events and festivals. Whether it be theatre, music, dance, food or art - Turkey can add something special to anything & everything.
Clock Tower, Izmir:
The city has a well-developed facility for MICE including 5-star deluxe international brand hotels, purpose-built convention centre and gala dinner venues. A meeting point for many cultures and artistic disciplines, Izmir is a city of art and culture with festivals and exhibitions, fairs and conventions filling up the city’s calendar year-round. Izmir is also the gateway to most popular tourism destinations of Turkey such as, Çesme, Alaçati, Urla.
Cappadocia’s unique natural landscape attracts the attention of even the most well-seasoned travellers when they visit Turkey. Its location makes it easier to get combined with a trip to Antalya and Istanbul with regular domestic flights in place.
Your event attendees will be able to enjoy a range of unique experiences, such as stay in a cave hotel, hot air ballooning, horse riding through the valleys, exploring underground cities and much more.
Bodrum City and its unique peninsula offer some great options for MICE - a vibrant entertainment hub, quick and easy access to rural countryside settings and leading yacht charter resort. All in all, Bodrum offers world class conferencing facilities and it is an ideal location for all those activities that fall outside the main ‘business elements’ of any corporate event.
Sirince, a little jewel of a place in Selcuk:
Sirince is simply put a small little town situated on a mountain where you walk around and just enjoy the tranquillity of being there. There is a little bazaar and a few churches and mosques of course but the real attraction is the peacefulness.
• See the marvels at the Antalya Archaeological Museum
• Relax at a local hammam (Turkish bath)
• Experience Tunektepe and Tahtali Mountain Cable Car
• Enjoy a picnic at the revitalised Konyaalti Beach
• Adventurous Rafting in Köprülü Canyon
• Parasail you through the blue waters, also known as water paragliding or boat paragliding
• Take the Nostalgic Tram and explore the wonderful scenic route from the archaeological museum.
• Take a boat trip to ancient Phaselis with lunch from Antalya
• Book your tickets to the Land of Legends Theme Park for all-day access to high-speed rides, four roller coasters, water slides, animal shows, and a 5-dimension cinema.
• Wine tastings with Turkey’s foremost sommeliers and viticulturists to expand knowledge & enjoy some of world’s oldest cultivated grapes in URLA
• Visit the Kemeralti bazaar, shops, cafes, artisans, workshops, mosques, tea gardens and synagogues
• Check out the Izmir Museum of History & Art
• Climb the Parachute Tower
• Visit Izmir Historical Elevator
• Relax and enjoyable sailing at the Aegean Sea on Izmir City Boat with lunch & sunbathing included in the tour.
• Take a mud bath in the “Hot Water” bay during the Izmir City Boat trip.
• Visit the unique bays of Gumuldur, a paradise of fragrant mandarin satsuma